Man Lives in Airport for Three Months With out Anybody Noticing Him

A California man who had traveled to Chicago but was reportedly afraid of the Covid-19 pandemic to fly home lived at O’Hare International Airport for three months without anyone noticing.

It’s unclear why Aditya Singh, a 36-year-old unemployed man, even traveled to Chicago, but authorities say he managed to hide in a secure area of ​​O’Hare International Airport for three months before coming on was arrested this weekend. Singh had lived at the airport since mid-October and would probably have been there much longer if he hadn’t been approached by airport staff on Saturday and asked for ID.

Singh reportedly lowered his face mask and showed the two United Airlines employees a piece of ID that he wore around his neck. Only the badge belonged to an operations manager who reported it missing on October 26, a week after Singh’s plane landed in O’Hare. The police were called and the suspect was taken into custody.

Photo: Kirk Lai / Unsplash

During the interview, the 36-year-old Californian said he landed in O’Hare on October 19 but was too scared of Covid-19 to fly home and decided to stay at the airport instead. The unemployed person added that he survived on groceries given to him by passengers at the airport and had no problems until the two United Airlines employees approached him. It is unclear what brought Singh to Chicago in the first place.

Aditya Singh, who has no criminal background, has been charged with criminal offenses in an airport restricted area and theft. On Sunday, Singh was brought before a judge who appeared shocked after hearing the allegations against him.

“So if I understand you correctly, are you telling me that an unauthorized, unemployed person allegedly lived in a secure part of the O’Hare airport terminal from October 19, 2020 to January 16, 2021 and did not recognize it? I want to get you right, ”said Cook County Judge Susana Ortiz.

If you

“The court finds these facts and circumstances quite shocking for the alleged period in which this happened,” added Ortiz. “As I am allegedly in a secure part of the airport under a fake ID because airports need to be absolutely secure in order for people to feel safe to travel, I find that these alleged acts make him a danger to the community. “

The bail was set at $ 1,000, but at the time of this writing, Singh was still in police custody.

Comments are closed.