Prince Philip Is Moved to 2nd Hospital, Elevating Considerations About His Well being

LONDON – Thirteen days after his first hospital stay, Prince Philip was transferred to a second London hospital on Monday, adding to concerns for the health of Queen Elizabeth’s 99-year-old husband.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement that doctors would continue to treat him for an infection, but would also “do tests and see for any pre-existing heart disease”.

“The Duke is still feeling well and responding to treatment, but is expected to stay in the hospital at least until the end of the week,” the brief statement said. He had been transferred to St. Bartholomew’s Hospital in London.

Prince Philip was originally rushed to King Edward VII’s hospital on February 16 as a precaution after feeling unwell. According to British media reports, he was taken by ambulance to St. Bartholomew’s, an internationally known hospital with special expertise in heart care, at around 11 a.m. on Monday.

In December 2011, Prince Philip was treated for a blocked coronary artery. At the time, Buckingham Palace said he had successfully undergone “minimally invasive coronary stent surgery” after experiencing chest pain.

During his last hospital stay, Prince Philip was visited by his son, Prince Charles, who is heir to the throne.

Prince Philip was vaccinated against Covid-19 in January, as was Queen Elizabeth, who is 94 years old and has urged others to accept offers of the vaccine.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.